Thursday, February 20, 2014

GREAT NEUTRAL PAIRINGS PART IV

So this is not really a neutral pairing but a combination of different eye products to create a "neutral" look. I've been wearing it everyday for the past week with my Tom Ford wicked blush and a different pick lipstick/gloss daily.
NYX jumbo eye pencil in pure gold; Rimmel scandal eyes in deep blue
Elf elements compact containing MAC eye shadows: Arena (top left); Saddle (top right); Expensive Pink (bottom left); Sushi flower (bottom right)

What I first do is use my urban decay primer potion as a base. Then I apply the NYX jumbo eye pencil in pure gold all over the lid and blend using my fingers or a blending brush. Then I apply MAC arena all over the lid and MAC saddle in the crease as a blending color. I line my lower waterline with the Rimmel scandaleyes liner in deep blue, put on some mascara and I'm good to go. In my opinion, I don't find that the Rimmel liner is waterproof despite it's claims and I also don't think the urban decay primer potion is that long lasting. The NYX jumbo pencil is definitely not long lasting on my lids (at least compared to the Milani pencils) - but at least there are no claims saying that on the package.

Regardless, below I attempted to do some swatches but it was night time so my apologies for the poor lighting.
Swatches (left to right): Rimmel deep blue, NYX pure gold MAC arena, MAC saddle & NYX pure gold with MAC arena on top
I find these colors suit tan complexions quite well and is a great "every day" look for those with blue and brown eyes.

What do you think? Do you have suggestions that would look great on darker skin toned gals? Please share...

No comments:

Post a Comment