Wednesday, February 19, 2014

GREAT NEUTRAL PAIRINGS PART III

So this is an eye shadow combo that I've been carrying with me in my makeup bag mainly because it's convenient and easy to use. I first heard about the Rimmel eye shadow quad in smokey brun from the lovely Lisa Eldridge when she was doing a video tutorial on you tube. I find it to be a very simple, basic neutral quad - although the shadows are quite powdery. I decided to use it with Laura Mercier caviar stick in sand glow. I really like using the caviar sticks. I don't have to sharpen the pencils and the color seems to stay put all day. How did she come up with the name "caviar sticks" though? I wonder....
Rimmel quad in smokey brun; Laura Mercier caviar stick in sand glow
With sand glow as the base, I usually mix the light lavender/taupe shade with the golden brown shade as an all over lid color. The white shade is used as a highlight and sometimes I deepen the crease or lightly line with the darkest shade. Often I use my blush/bronzer as a contour shade. The eye shadow quad apparently complements blue eyes well, but I think this combo is great for an every day quick, not-so-boring eye look.

No comments:

Post a Comment